Makery is an innovative gastro-tech franchise startup is looking for Franchise Operations and Development Manager to grow it’s team. The new Franchise Operations and Development Manager will provide support and guidance for openings and onboarding processes of new franchise units in Europe’s biggest cities.
This position is full time and based in Budapest with frequent travels to the franchise units.
Get to know Makery!
We are a fast growing startup franchise starting in Budapest with a special gastro concept.
What’s cooking a.k.a. your tasks:
Support existing franchise units
- Provide first level support on behalf of the company in the areas of business, hospitality, HR, marketing and IT of franchise units
- Maintain positive and collaborative working relationships across all functions and with key stakeholders (on the franchisor and franchisee side as well)
- Maximise franchise unit results through the management and delivery of key performance indicators
- Monitor the usage of franchise manual and responsible for it’s continued development
- Be part of new (product, service and gastro) developments and support its successful implementations to the units
Opening new units:
- Training, induction and onboarding our new franchisees in our franchise business operations system
- Travelling to our franchisee’s business locations to implement our franchise launch programme
- Assessing franchisee performance, formulating business development plans and working with franchisees to develop their businesses and increase their profitability
- Continuous collaboration and co-working with the Head Office and the Management Team (on Founders level)
- Report directly to the Board of Directors
Apply if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in working in the hospitality/franchise/gastro sector (leadership positions is preferrable) and/or
- 5+ years of experience in project management/ working with different stakeholders
- Preferably Bachelor or Master degree, in Hospitality/Tourism/Hotel management or any connected areas
- Experience in event organizing and management is a strong advantage
- Interpersonal skills: Stakeholder and people management
- Language skills:Fluent in English (must) and preferably in German (strong advantage)
- Preferably some experience with international environment
- Goal oriented attitude, able to manage organization wide developments (strong project management skills), agility in problem solving
- Working in a high performing environment
- Strong analytical thinking, able to understand data
- Holding trainings
- IT development experience is an advantage (but not a must)
- High level knowledge in international gastro trends is a strong advantage
- Any area you convince us that can be useful for us 🙂
What we offer:
- flexible working hours and ability to manage your own time
- competitive salary and performance based bonus system
- an opportunity to be the backbone of a special gastro-concept
- be part of a unique story where innovation meets franchise and gastronomy businesses
- dedicated team with never seen challenges
- learning and development opportunities
- visits to other franchise units (currently Vienna, Bratislava, and soon other EU cities)
- taking part in creating new dishes and processes
- potential employee equity
- and many more depending on your future position
If you are interested in a non-traditional job that is in the intersection of gastronomy x technology x franchise x startup environments and figured out how you can help to reach our mission, please attach a CV below and a cover letter to your application describing why you would like to work with us!
We’ll get back to you as soon as a position opens up!
Work with us, the Makery team is waiting for you.