We are looking for a Restaurant Manager to lead all aspects of our business. You will deliver a high-quality,
respectable leadership and motivate our staff to provide excellent customer service.
Get to know us!
Makery is a fast growing startup franchise starting with a special gastro concept. The guests choose and
make their own dishes helped by our colleagues and a video solution. Makery is a unique community
experience, not a cooking school. Thanks to the upside down concept, there are different tasks than in a
Restaurant manager responsibilities include maintaining the restaurant’s revenue, profitability and quality
goals. You will ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity,
quality, and customer-service standards.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need management skills and experience in both front and back of the
house. We want you to know how to oversee the guest area, bar, check-in with customers and balance
seating capacity. Back of the house management experience is also essential, as you’ll hire
qualified Cooks and Wait Staff, set work schedules, oversee food prep and make sure we comply with
health and safety restaurant regulations.
We’ll expect you to lead by example and uplift our staff during busy moments in our fast-paced
environment. Ultimately, you will ensure our restaurant runs smoothly and customers have pleasant
What’s cooking? ( a.k.a. your tasks)
- Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations
- Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Manage restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events
- Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g. discounts and social media ads)
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations
Apply if you have…
- Proven work experience as a Restaurant Manager, Restaurant General Manager, Hospitality Manager or similar role
- Proven customer service experience as a manager
- Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge, with ability to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform customers and wait staff
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Acute financial management skills
- BSc degree in Business Administration; hospitality management or culinary schooling is a plus
- Availability to work within opening hours (e.g. evenings, holidays, weekends)
- Fluent in English and Hungarian
If you are interested in a non-traditional job that is in the intersection of gastronomy x technology x
franchise x startup environments and figured out how you can help to reach our mission, please attach a
CV below and a cover letter to your application describing why you would like to work with us!
We’ll get back to you as soon as a position opens up!
Work with us, the Makery team is waiting for you!